I. What is Cosmo Network?
Cosmos, or Cosmos Network, is a Blockchain platform with Tendermint consensus mechanism. Unlike Blockchain platforms like Solana, Terra, Binance Smart Chain, etc, which have applications built above, Cosmos can be considered as “Layer 0”, above will be a lot of Layer 1.
The project’s vision is “Internet of Blockchains” to create a world where Layer 1 is linked together through a bridge called IBC (Internet Blockchain Communication).
II. History of Cosmo Network
The Interchain Foundation completed a public fundraising event on April 6, 2017, after many private funding rounds. The Interchain Foundation, All in Bits Inc. (AiB), Private Contributors, and Public Contributors were the four main blocks into which the foundation divided the receivers of these newly issued ATOMs (ICF).
III. Striking Features of Cosmo Network
- A lot of platforms were born just to solve the congestion problem of Ethereum. This inadvertently causes liquidity fragmentation, and worse, confuses users when they don’t know how to transfer assets from one chain to another. Therefore, Cosmos not only solves the problem of transaction fees, but also simplifies the user experience as Layer 1 (called Zones or Hubs, is built on top of Cosmos SDK – Cosmos Blockchain building framework. ) on Cosmos will interact via the IBC bridge.
Cosmos SDK has strengths such as:
- Modularity: Blockchains could use Cosmos SDK as well as customize themselves based on their needs.
- Scalability: Chains running in parallel should satisfy all scalability requirements.
- Interoperability between Blockchains is ensured through the IBC solution.
- Proof of Stake (PoS) mechanism to increase security of dApps.
- Proposals for changes and votes on the Blockchain are implemented through the governance module.
- Cosmos Hub – The first of many blockchains that will be built on top of the Cosmos Network. In which, ATOM is the token of Cosmos Hub.
- Tendermint Core: provides web-servers, databases, and libraries for Blockchain applications. Programmers only need to care about programming, without having to spend a lot of time with complicated protocols.
The consensus mechanism based on the Tendermint algorithm helps to solve the problems of scalability, usefulness and energy consumption. This algorithm is suitable for Public Blockchains with Proof of Stake (PoS) consensus.
In Cosmos there are many prominent Layer 1s, like Terra or Binance Smart Chain. But these two names are just “grains of sand” in the “desert” of Cosmos. If dozens of Layer 1s on Cosmos all achieve the same community response as Terra or Binance Smart Chain, then Cosmos will become an extremely large ecosystem universe.
V. What is ATOM?
1. Detailed Information about ATOM
- Token Name: Cosmos Staking Token.
- Ticker: ATOM.
- Blockchain: Cosmos.
- Token Standard: Updating…
- Contract: Updating…
- Token Type: Utility, Governance.
- Total Supply: Unlimited
- Circulating Supply: 285,873,840 ATOM.
2. ATOM Allocation
- Public Fundraiser: 68%
- Seeds: 10%
- Strategic: 10%
- Tendermint Team: 7%
- Interchain Foundation: 5%
3. ATOM Noticeable Milestones
Here are the ATOM opening rounds:
Token Release Schedule:
4. Use Cases of ATOM
ATOM is used to:
- Pay transaction fees in the Cosmos Hub network.
- Validators stake ATOM Tokens to process transactions in the system.
- Delegators stake ATOM Tokens on the Validators they choose. There are currently 100 Validators in the system of Cosmos Hub Blockchain.
- Reward Vidators for processing transactions.
- A portion of the fees collected from the transactions will be paid to the respective Delegators for voting for the Validators.
- Vote for future Cosmos proposals.
- Part of the revenue from Transaction Fees will be put into the Treasury. This fund can be divided among potential new projects (these projects must also hold ATOM Token to be entitled to receive).
VI. How to earn & own ATOM?
Some ways to earn and own ATOM Token:
- Buy directly on exchanges: Binance, Bibox, Bittrex, Huobi, OKEx,..
- Become Validators, Delegators to receive ATOM Token Rewards.
VII. Which Crypto Wallets are suitable for ATOM?
Trading ATOM: Users could trade ATOM on Binance, Bibox, OKEx, Bittrex, Huobi, Kucoin,etc
VIII. (Project Token) Recent Developments
In 2022, some important updates were introduced by the team to the community, which are Interchain Security, Interchain Account, Liquid Staking. In addition, according to the CEO of Cosmos, 2022 will be a boom year for Cosmos with more than 200 Layer 1.
IX. Teams, Funds & Partners of (Project Token)
The team behind the project is the Interchain Foundation, a non-profit foundation from Switzerland.
2. Investment Funds
Cosmos is supported by many famous investors, including Hashed, Pantera, Dragonfly Capital,etc. In addition, Layer 1 in the Cosmos ecosystem also received funding from many big names
X. Where are (Project Token) information be updated?
- Listing of Media Newspapers updating about (Project Token)
- CTA to join Meta Lion Ventures for the latest news
XI. FAQs about ATOM
- Providing FAQs about (Project) (commonly 4 Q&A)
- Analyzing the Potential of (Project)
- Delivering comments about (Project)